Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday, August 2nd

Throughout this adoption process when I would look at peoples blogs from China I would usually scroll down through their "pre travel" if you will to get to the good stuff: the pictures of them getting their children. As I sat atop the Great Wall of China today I realized the journey to pick up our Noa began so long ago. You can't skip the pictures of us on the Great Wall because it is a piece of the puzzle of our story. As I was gazing out onto the Wall that I had only dreamt of climbing, I was struck with a feeling of "I'm finally here." God has been leading our hearts here, to China, for years. From our love for the art and culture/decor which even trickled down from my mom, to the desire Troy had a long time ago to do mission work in Asia and culminating in love for a little Chinese orphan named An Yi Shan or Noa. God put those longings and preferences in our hearts long ago to prepare us for this journey to get our little girl.

Pictures to come soon!

Till next time,
Brooks

1 comment:

  1. Yea, thanks for the update. That's a beautiful way to explain your calling to make Noa part of your family. It's amazing that God always knew she would be a Duell. I hope you get the pics uploaded soon! Love you!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete