Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, September 6th

Nothing like the element of surprise. We thought we were getting Noa today, but when we got off the plane yesterday our guide told us we were going to get her then! I don't know what I thought I was going to do between yesterday and today but I did not feel ready!

It was a very traumatic experience for her and she is very confused. I know I am thankful for this since it means she was VERY loved and VERY attached to her wonderful nannies but it is really worse than labor! She is however becoming very fond of her Daddy. She will not let him put her down. She also let me hold her twice today. I know this is big after the ordeal of me trying to take her from the nannies but it is hard on a mommy.

She is even more beautiful in person than in pictures. She has the most beautiful eyes that make you melt when she looks up at us! She is very quiet BUT has quite the temper. We will try to post some pictures when we can come up for air.
 
Till next time,
Brooks

1 comment:

  1. oh, wow. poor mommy and daddy. poor noa. i knew it would be hard, but i'm sorry you are having to endure that. i pray that each day brings her a bit closer to trusting you guys and showing her true personality. please know that we are praying for you all day long. send pics when you can--and don't forget to tell me what size she wears! geez, i am demanding.
    love you so much!
    (karee, thanks for posting this for a friend who was anxious to hear!)

    ReplyDelete