Saturday, September 11, 2010

First update from Guangzhou

One word, "AAHHH." We have just survived our first flight with Noa and we are in Guangzhou, China. Yesterday i got to see where our baby lived and all of the people who loved her. I see why she is having such a hard time. She was loved beyond belief. The letter her foster mother wrote to her was the sweetest thing i have ever read. I loved hearing stories and history about our baby. The home was located in a beautiful part of the city. I found out that her Nanny had left just a few days before Noa left so the hardships were plenty for her. She was VERY close to her Nanny. They said she was very independent and found a way to get what she wanted. its funny because we really had this figured out even from the pictures we had seen of her. Now we call her our little princess or empress. And yes, she gets whatever she wants! I also found out she really does eat food and she loves chocolate! i hadn't tried that one! We are starting to find things she will eat like wonton soup and the Muslim soup. Her favorite is still my oatmeal squares and the yogurt melts. And she loves dumplings as you can tell from the picture. She keeps food in that little mouth for a very long time. I think she had to stick things in there fast so no one would take them!


i felt really guilty about leaving her with her Daddy to go visit her foster home but it was the best decision we have made because when i got home i got the biggest smile I've gotten and she even let ME put her to bed! Troy said she cried a lot when i left and boy was she excited to see me. She still has to have Daddy all the time but that was a big step for us. And i cant say i was too upset on the plane when he had to hold the crying baby while i swear every person on the plane was staring at us.

We are in Guangzhou now where we will get her medicals done and get her visa so we can go home! its like home here but a lot nicer! I just knew things were looking up when i walked in the hotel and there was a Max Mara. There is even a remote in the bathroom for the shower curtain that is a huge glass window into the bedroom. What a change for us. I think I'm going to make it and i might have to just have one trip to the pizza hut across the street. Troy has found ESPN and is so happy.

Brooks ~
 
(Brooks sent pictures with the blog post - I will get those posted as soon as I can in the morning! Karee)

No comments:

Post a Comment